The Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test Design develops, executes and maintains software to test the product/application. Defines automation strategy, automation cases, as well as Design tools for unit, functional, and performance testing in a programmatic manner. Participates in design and code inspections. Proposes improvements to our existing processes and build automated tools, libraries and utilities in order to improve the team’s speed, quality and efficiency. Expose defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration perspective. Work with a wide variety of technologies from front-end UI to back-end distributed web services. Own the design and implementation of tests that will help in end-to-end quality of major deliverables working closely with multiple engineers and teams to execute them. Integration of both the tests and infrastructure automation into the CI/CD pipeline is also a key responsibility in this position. Contribute to agile development teams following 12 Factor application development principles. Collaborate effectively within team environment
- 5 to 7 years of experience in Information Technology with expertise in test automation of applications from UI and API layer.
- Hands on experience in OOPs languages like Java, C# and scripting languages like Python, Perl, Shell, Bash etc.
- Experience with API and Microservices testing and automation
- Knowledge and experience with Test Driven Development(TDD),Behavior Driven Development(BDD) with a testing framework like Cucumber, JBehave
- Hands on experience with one or more querying languages such SQL (preferred), Oracle, MySQL and/or No SQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB etc)
- Experience deploying applications in AWS or OpenShift (Kubernetes)
- Hands on experience in automating backend REST services including writing custom functions using tools such as Postman, REST Assured, Karate, Cypress, Ready API etc.
- Hands on experience of building test automation framework from ground up using modular framework and design pattern like Page Object Model design pattern (POM) etc.
- Experience of working in distributed agile teams using agile frameworks such as SCRUM , SAFe, XP etc.
- Hands on experience of working with continues integration tools such Jenkins, Circle CI.
- Able to independently create and maintain automation test jobs using tools such as Jenkins.
- Hands on experience working with source code management tools such as GitLab, GitHub, AWS Code Commit etc.
- Hands on experience of creating test reports from automation test run using tools such as cucumber report, Extent report etc.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new tools and evolving technologies.
- Must have the ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
- Must have the ability to listen to customers and colleagues; convey ideas effectively; prepare written documentation
- Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as a primary goal
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Embraces Diverse people, thinking and styles
- Knowledge and experience with the Travel Industry
- Infrastructure automation using docker and tools like Chef, Puppet, Terraform
- Experience of working with various AWS cloud services such as EC2, s3 bucket, AWS code pipeline, CloudFormation, etc.
- Hands on experience of virtualizing services for test automation using tools such as Wire Mock, Mockito etc.
- Experience of working with test management and agile management tools such as VersionOne, qTest etc.
- Experience of working with container orchestration tools such as docker, RED Hat OpenShift, AWS CloudFormation.
- Experience of non-functional testing such as performance, load, stress, security, accessibility and usability testing.
Client Vaccination Policy:
- Newly hired contractors/contingent workers are required to be vaccinated if they work at or at any time are required to be at Client location.
- By agreeing to be submitted to this role, you agree to comply with Client's vaccination requirements.