Responsibilities for the Sr. System Engineer include: Implement automated, containerized cloud application platform solutions, with a focus on application concerns including cloud-ready distributed application architectures, migrating workloads to containers, containerized development workflows, and integrating container platforms with automated CI/CD pipelines. Assist application teams with on-boarding to the Openshift platform – Resource requirements, capacity analysis, troubleshooting support. Serve as a subject matter expert with the ability to explain and translate relevant details of the OpenShift platform and its constituent components to those less familiar. Building, testing, and administering several highly available RedHat OpenShift Container Platform clusters Rotational 24x7 on-call support. Define and document standards and guidelines. Develop and automate repeatable tasks utilizing technologies like Lambdas and step functions. Consult with development users to determine requirements and recommend solutions. Assist with configuration and maintenance of interfaces for related tool integrations. Performance tuning of infrastructure components. Review project deliverables of completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards. Document and communicate the status of progress against plans, taking corrective action if necessary. Identify, clarify, and resolve project activity issues and risks, escalating as needed. Upholds enterprise policy guidelines and recommends new and improved guidelines as appropriate. Partner with architects to design and engineer solutions for internal customers. Develops and maintains a positive rapport with other teams in the IT organization.
- 3+ years’ experience working with RedHat Openshift Infrastructure design, deployment and operational support.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux Containers (Docker), Kubernetes, and deployment of containerized applications/microservices architectures
- 2+ year’s experience working on foundational work in AWS
- 2+ year’s experience working with RedHat Enterprise Linux operating system o Experience with Java, JBoss, Springboot, WAS/WXS, Node.js and enterprise application architectures
- Specific knowledge and experience with migrating and refactoring applications to containerized workloads
- Demonstrated skill in at least one or more configuration management/scripting technology (such as Ansible/Chef/Puppet)
- Specific knowledge and experience provisioning multi-node HA clusters – including monitoring, performance testing, and application deployment
- Deep conceptual and applied understanding of DevOps concepts, tools, and practices
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools such as Git, Jenkins, Nexus, Tekton or comparable substitutes o
- Must have good analytic skills and the ability to apply these skills in a multi-tasking environment where more than one project may require participation at a given time.
- Must have outstanding skills in communicating complex technical concepts
- Working Kubernetes experience
- Working knowledge of networking topics such as protocols, firewalls, etc.
- Working knowledge of SSL certificate management
- Working experience with Helm Charts
- Experience with Agile teams, tools, practices & ceremonies (kanban, stand-ups, sprints, etc.)
- Keeps abreast of relevant industry leading standards and emerging technologies
- Monitoring Logging: SumoLogic, Dynatrace, QRadar, UIM, Spectrum
Client Air Lines Vaccination Policy:
- Newly hired contractors/contingent workers are required to be vaccinated if they work at or at any time are required to be at a Client location.
- By agreeing to be submitted to this role, you agree to comply with Client vaccination requirements.